- Author - Josephin
- Cusine - Indian
- Serves - 8-10
- Preparation Time - 50mins
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil, without stirring, to hard crack stage, 300 degrees F (150 degrees.
- Working quickly, stir in almonds, and pour mixture into foil lined jelly roll pan; tip pan from side to side to spread candy evenly in pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over candy brittle. Let stand about 5 minutes, or until shiny and soft. Spread chocolate evenly over candy. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the rice flour, urad dhal flour and the roasted gram flour together.