Dried Cherry Couscous Salad
- Author - Mary
- Type - Salad
- Serves - 5
- Preparation Time - 25mins
- 3 Cups water
- 2 Cups CousCous
- 2 Cups Dried Tart Cherries
- 2 Cups Carrots, Coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Cucumbers, chopped
- 1⁄2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Toasted Slivered Almonds, for garnish (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in couscous.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir with a fork until all grains are fluffy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked couscous, dried cherries, carrots, and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, and mustard, mix well.
- Pour over couscous mixture and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.