- Author - Josephin
- Cusine - Indian
- Serves - 4-6 pieces
- Preparation Time - 40mins
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ground walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg whites, sugar, and nuts until well blended. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, three inches apart, onto the lined cookie sheets. Using the back of a spoon, dipped in water, flatten into rounds about 1.5 inches in diameter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should be lightly browned. Let cool slightly before removing from sheets. If the cookies are stuck, they need to be baked a little longer.
- In a plastic bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave oven, stirring every 15 or 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. This can also be done over a double boiler. Spread the chocolate onto the flat side of a cookie and stick it together with the flat side of another cookie to make a sandwich until all the cookies are used up.