- Author - Tarla Dalal
- Type - Dessert
- Serves - 9 pieces
- Preparation Time - 40mins
- 1 cup Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 2 to 3 drops of Green food colour (optional)
- Soak the pistachios in enough warm water in a bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water, peel the pistachios and blend them in a mixer into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the syrup is of 1 string consistency, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the Pista paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for approx. 5 to 7 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture on a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter plate and spread it evenly using a flat spoon. Keep aside to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into 9 equal square pieces.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature in an air-tight container.